My best novels happen when ideas collide. Take two seemingly unrelated but interesting situations, then watch them tango warily around each other until suddenly they’re dancing cheek to cheek, and the plot for a book has begun to form.
Today, as I was handling papers and packing books for my move to somewhere this week, the same thing occurred. As I filed the book list my assistant had made for me, I decided to count the books I’ve written. I discovered that One Mountain Away will be book number 70!
What a great way to inaugurate a new series. My 70th novel. If you’re tuning in a bit late, then you need to know that a number of those books were series romances, shorter than the single title women’s fiction I write now. Some were even novellas, of the 25,000 word variety. Some were cozy mysteries, again a bit shorter.
But 70 books is still a cause for celebration.
As I packed up what books are left in my study and wondered why I still had so many, I pondered exactly how I should celebrate this milestone. Then, of course, it hit me.
I should give away 70 of my backlist novels as a thank-you to all the readers who have through the years supported me, as well as to introduce newer readers to my older books.
I should give away the books beginning in July, leading up to the publication of number 70 itself, One Mountain Away.
See what I mean about good ideas?
So, today I’m announcing my latest and greatest book giveaway.
Beginning Monday, July 2, every Monday, Wednesday, Friday through August 2nd I will give away a package of 5 books. That’s fourteen packages of 5 books each to fourteen lucky winners. Each package will contain two of my “longer” series romances, two of my single title women’s fiction novels, and one novella in an anthology with other authors. Some of the books have been on my shelves for years, but they were all my author copies and never sold or read.
All books will be signed and one in each envelope will be personalized to the winner. Add it all up? 70 books total.
How do you enter?
- Comment on ANY blog here at Southern Exposure beginning today and tell us at least one reason you read my books or WANT to read my books. One full sentence or more, please.
- I will log only one original entry per reader, although you can comment as frequently as you like.
- Your opportunity to comment extends from today through midnight July 31, but remember you can comment on ANY Southern Exposure blog during that time. Just be sure your comment explains why you read my books or want to. Other types of comments are always welcome, but won’t be considered entries.
- When notified by email that you’ve won, you must provide me with an address within ten days, or another winner will be chosen to replace you.
- Only one win per reader. That means fourteen unique winners.
- North American addresses only this time.
Simple, simple. And I’ll remind you to comment on every blog between now and then.
By the way, this will be my final blog from Virginia, and I’ll be on hiatus for a little while as we settle for the summer in Western New York. But I’ll be back soon, relaxed and eager. You can count on it.